Communications Workers of America and the State of New Jersey July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2023 Contract
Primary Level Supervisory
Unit Higher Level Supervisory Unit
2020 COVID19 No Layoff Agreement Documents
YOUR CONTRACT: Protection From Unfair Treatment
Our CWA contracts spell out grievance procedures that protect us from unfair firings, arbitrary treatment, and favoritism in the handling of promotions, layoffs, scheduling, work assignments, and other issues.
We are entitled to a hearing with representation from CWA if we are unfairly treated.
If the employer and grievant are unable to reach a resolution, our case can be decided by a neutral, third-party arbitrator. Arbitration provisions help guarantee due process and fair treatment — and it prevents employers from having the final say.
Our contract establishes rights, wages and benefits that cannot be changed by management without negotiating with us and our elected union representatives. CWA members determine the bargaining priorities.
CWA contracts typically guarantee:
- Pay levels and increases
- Employment security with layoff protections
- Fair treatment on the job
- Due process during disciplinary actions
- Retirement benefits
- Paid time off for vacations and holidays
- Medical coverage and sick pay
- Protection against health and safety hazards
- Training opportunities to help us develop skills for the future